This is a developmental & research course for the in progress text book Garden Chicks by Patricia Foreman. Contact pat@ChickensAndYOU.com for more information.
This course picks up where class 107 in the Primary Series ends. It is intended to explore practical, and effective ways to employ chickens in gardens to:
• Create and enhance living topsoils.
• Document which plants and bugs chickens forage on in different growing zones.
• Which produce, fruits and critters they prefer and you can provide through the growing season.
• The use of yards as a mini-pastures (including rotational grazing systems) to build soil fertility, provide fresh graze.
• Document the control insects, including ticks and fleas.
• Integrate different types of fencing by understanding what works, and what doesn't.
• Quantify how much chicken-assisted biomass recycling that transforms trash into black gold. • • • Designs and ideas for birdscaping (planting trees, shrubs. perennials and annuals that serve your flock.
• Document ways to feed flocks off the land so that not all chicken feed has to come from bags. There are many crops you can grow in your yard to feed your flock. This ever-expanding course goes into detail a crop’s life-cycle to understand when, and how, chickens can be incorporated for insect control, fertilizing, soil management and harvesting. Best of all, we will talk about getting truly wholesome, nutritious, homegrown food for both you and your flock.
Weekly sessions begin Tues. March 3, through May (about 12 classes). 12 noon to 1pm hosted by Pat Foreman.
Email Training@ChickensAndYOU.com for an application. Call (540) 261-8775 for more information.
Qualified as an advance courses for the Master Backyard Chicken Keeper Certification and Diploma
LIVE ONLINE COURSES AND COACHING
• Convenient access of on-line training from wherever you are with a computer or phone.
• Advanced GoToTraining format with cam video.
• Class notes with copies of all slides for clear understanding of concepts, designs and systems.
• 24/7 replay of class sessions.
• Real time video streaming and chat during class.
• Chat room opens 1/2 hour before class and remains open for Q&A and student interactions.
• Classes run from 60 to 90 minutes depending on the topic and student questions.
• Small classes for maximum participation.
• Available international through your computer & VoIP, or phone access.
• Continue with other Chickeneers on a private (closed) Chickens and YOU FaceBook group.
• We strive to keep tuition affordable; targeted at about $20 per contact hour.
• Facilitated live by popular author & speaker Patricia Foreman and other expert guest Chickeneers
To arrange for courses in your area, scheduling & registration (540) 261-8775 or eMail: Training@ChickensAndYou.com