This will be a first-time EVER live, online course and coaching on home poultry processing. Learn how to humanely, safely, sanitarily and skillfully process your birds. What to do with those roosters and older hens? Get healthy, high-quality meat and bone broth from your backyard flock. Topics include:
• The power of knowing your meat source, how it was raised, fed and processed
• The sacred significance of taking a life—so that you can live
• The science & chemistry behind skilled meat processing
• Processing equipment that you have—or could easily borrow
• Hand plucking made fun
• Super simple evisceration & an educational anatomy lesson
• Nutritional differences of meat from heritage vs. commercial breeds
• Cold shorting & effective freezer packaging for long-term storage
Processing your own chickens for family food is a lost art of our culture. It’s time to bring back this old tradition and combined it with new techniques so that poultry processing becomes common knowledge in homes and communities.
Presented by Patricia Foreman and David Schafer-The Featherman
LIVE ONLINE COURSES AND COACHING
• Convenient access of on-line training from wherever you are with a computer or phone.
• Advanced GoToTraining format with cam video.
• Class notes with copies of all slides for clear understanding of concepts, designs and systems.
• 24/7 replay of class sessions.
• Real time video streaming and chat during class.
• Chat room opens 1/2 hour before class and remains open for Q&A and student interactions.
• Classes run from 60 to 90 minutes depending on the topic and student questions.
• Small classes for maximum participation.
• Available international through your computer & VoIP, or phone access.
• Continue with other Chickeneers on a private (closed) Chickens and YOU FaceBook group.
• We strive to keep tuition affordable; targeted at about $20 per contact hour.
• Facilitated live by popular author & speaker Patricia Foreman and other expert guest Chickeneers
To arrange for courses in your area, scheduling & registration (540) 261-8775 or eMail: Training@ChickensAndYou.com