Protect your flock from frigid winter storms. Winter care of flocks has management differences from the rest of the year. Learn simple, time-saving ways to make daily tasks easier and keep flocks healthy through the severest of storms. Take this course for the sake of your birds!
"This course made me confident that I'm doing the right things to keep my flock healthy through the winter. It's such a peace of mind. I'd so glad I took it!" Carolyn Watterworth—Ohio
• Breed–cold tolerant characteristics.
• Winter egg production
• Coop & shelter cold weather modifications
• Winter feeds, feeding & water supply
• Homegrown chicken feed: harvest crops from your garden for your flock through the winter
• Pro-active disease prevention and optimal winter flock health care
• Frostbite prevention and treatment.
Students prepare an action plan for their winter flock care and coop modification. Everyone receives individual coaching on what works and what doesn't. Get ready now for those increasingly severe storms and prevent a lot of trouble and harm to your birds later. Course facilitator Patricia Foreman.
“Now I’m confident I’m doing the right things to help my chickens stay healthy through the winter. What a worry-reliever and blessing.” — J. Miller, Ohio
"It was a great class and I have already recommended it to my friends!! Thank you it was very informative and super fun! "— Enza McCauley, Virginia
“The new set of skills this course gave me are invaluable to my flock and helping others in my community with their flocks. Thank you Gossamer Foundation!” — Jud Kirkness, Alaska
Qualified as an advance courses for the Master Backyard Chicken Keeper Certification and Diploma
LIVE ONLINE COURSES AND COACHING
• Convenient access of on-line training from wherever you are with a computer or phone.
• Advanced GoToTraining format with cam video.
• Class notes with copies of all slides for clear understanding of concepts, designs and systems.
• 24/7 replay of class sessions.
• Real time video streaming and chat during class.
• Chat room opens 1/2 hour before class and remains open for Q&A and student interactions.
• Classes run from 60 to 90 minutes depending on the topic and student questions.
• Small classes for maximum participation.
• Available international through your computer & VoIP, or phone access.
• Continue with other Chickeneers on a private (closed) Chickens and YOU FaceBook group.
• We strive to keep tuition affordable; targeted at about $20 per contact hour.
• Facilitated live by popular author & speaker Patricia Foreman and other expert guest Chickeneers
To arrange for courses in your area, scheduling & registration (540) 261-8775 or eMail: Training@ChickensAndYou.com