Day Range Poultry: Every Chicken Owner's Guide to Grazing Gardens and Improving Pastures
Day Range Poultry is the book that tells you just about everything you need to know to raise poultry on pasture from the egg up through processing.
Based on years of hands-on experiences—both success and failures—the authors hold back nothing about the realities, advantages, disadvantages and the rewards of small-scale poultry production systems for income and community food self-sufficiency.
Hard to find information on raising turkeys and small-scale breeder flocks and incubation production. Foreword by everybody's favorite contrary farmer, Gene Logsdon.
Discover how easy and profitable it is to sell chickens, eggs, and turkeys in raised gardens or on pastures. You don’t need a lot of land or a large investment.
• Make top dollar raising poultry.
• Raise Thanksgiving turkeys for yourself and others.
• Build and regenerate soils using natural fertilizer deposited directly from your chickens to your soil and compost creation.
• Process poultry cheaply, humanely and profitably.
• Learn about the revolutionary Day Range system of raising poultry that is low maintenance and high profit.
• Learn the secrets to incubation, hatchery management and brooding.