Winter care of flocks is differences from other seasons. Learn simple, time saving ways to make daily tasks easier and keep flocks healthy through the severest of storms.
• Breed–cold tolerant characteristics
• Winter egg production
• Coop & shelter cold weather modifications.
• Winter feeds, feeding & water supply.
• Homegrown chicken feed: crops you can harvest from your garden for your flock through the winter.
• Pro-active cold weather management for optimal flock health and production.
• Frostbite prevention and treatment.
Getting ready now for those increasingly severe storms can help prevent a lot of trouble and harm to your bird later. Students prepare action plans for their winter flock care and coop winterization. Individual coaching on what works and what doesn't. Course facilitator Pat Foreman
Qualifed as an advance course for the Master Backyard Chicken Keeper Diploma