Home Poultry Processing Using Tools You Already Have or Can Make
Monday 7:30-9pm ET and Saturday 9 am to Noonish ET
Learn how to humanely, safely and sanitarily process birds. Get healthy, high-quality meat and bone broth from your backyard flock. You are coached every step of the entire process including:
• The significance of taking life
• The science & chemistry behind skilled meat processing
• Processing equipment you have—or could borrow
• Hand plucking done fast
• Evisceration & anatomy lesson
• Nutritional differences of meat from heritage vs. commercial breeds
• Freezer packaging for long-term storage.
Processing chickens for family food is a lost art of our culture. It’s time to bring back this old, world-wide tradition and combined it with new, humane techniques based on meat science and nutriotion.
Individual tuition $97. Family Tuition $145, children under 18 can attend for free.